Welcome to Wyoming County EDA
Thank you for your interest in learning more about the many opportunities available to your business or development initiative here in Wyoming County. On the following pages you will find a wealth of information about Wyoming County and what it has to offer your business. Our goal is to make our hometown in the mountains of Southern West Virginia your hometown.
We are working hard to make Wyoming County a desired location for your business. In Wyoming County your business will have access to business and employee training, below market loans, and other government resources to help make your investment in Wyoming County a profitable one.
WHY Wyoming County?
- Low cost of commercial structures for both sale and lease
- HUB Zone (Federal acquisition priority is given to businesses located in HUB Zone)
- New highway being built in Wyoming County that will connect to I-64 and I-77
- Two regional airports located nearby
- Active commercial railroad lines run throughout Wyoming County
- Below market loan rates
- Located within 500 miles of 60% of US population
- New federal prison
- Wyoming County categorized as distressed by ARC (Federal resources are available to help with business development in distressed counties)
- State resources available to help with business development based on number of jobs and amount of investment
- A proactive EDA that will work with you to bring all of these resources together to ensure the highest possible return on your investment
In addition to a lot of sound reasons to consider moving your business to Wyoming County, there are also many quality of life reasons to want to live in Wyoming County. To name just a few, Wyoming County has top rated schools, hunting and fishing right outside your front door, beautiful mountains and streams, and a friendly small town America feel that most people can only dream about.
The Wyoming County EDA is here to help your business succeed. If you would like more information or assistance in moving to Wyoming County, please feel free to contact us. It is our hope that we can work together to grow together.
Business of the Week!
Congratulations to Integrated Resources for being selected as the Wyoming County EDA's Business of the Week!
Integrated Resources has been a pillar in the community since 1964 providing badly needed services and resources to people with disabilities.
- Through the Medicaid Waiver Program, Integrated Resources assists with elderly and disabled through in-home care programs while assisting others with disabilities through vocational rehabilitation trainings and services.
- The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities program helps make it possible for persons with more severe disabilities to learn to be productive and able to care for themselves.
- The House of Wonder Sheltered Workshop provides employment to those who are unable to enter the competitive workforce. The workshop specializes in a wide variety of woodworking products available online or for purchase at the shop.
- IRI also employs people with disabilities through a multi-county custodial services program.
IRI...where disabilities become abilities.
Again, we would like to congratulate Integrated Resources, Inc. on being selected as this week's Business of the Week!
Our “Business of the Week” program is another opportunity to show our appreciation to Wyoming County businesses for investing in our community. We encourage everyone to buy local as often as possible. Buying local saves jobs and businesses in Wyoming County.
Each week, the Wyoming County Economic Development Authority will select a business who has been nominated and is located in Wyoming County to be chosen as the “Business of the Week”. The business is spotlighted for one business week (M-F). The “Business of the Week” receives: Marketing opportunities with an announcement on our website at www.wyomingcounty.com and our Facebook page.
Nomination forms may be picked up at the Wyoming County EDA office or can be downloaded from the website or Facebook. Entries can be dropped off at the EDA office, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (304) 732-6963.